[Freeswitch-users] mod_limit does not reset count when call gets to voicemail?

Rupa Schomaker rupa at rupa.com
Tue Sep 28 07:14:38 PDT 2010

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 3:26 AM, Yehavi Bourvine
<yehavi.bourvine at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>
>   We are using mod_limit in order to track user's state and know when to
> play busy/call-wait tone. We encountered two problems (which are probably
> related):
>
> - When the call gets to the voicemail the extension is still though as
>  busy until the caller hangs.
> - If a call is picked-up using the intercept application the original
> destination is still thought as busy.
>
> When looking in the limit_data table the record of the call is indeed there
> until a final call hangup.
> According to the wiki we tried setting the variable limit_ignore_transfer
> to false both with set command before calling the limit application and also
> in limit.conf.xml. However, this does not change this behaviour.
>
> Is this the intended behaviour? Can it work as I want? (i.e. once the call
> arrived to voicemail or picked-up the original destination is marked as
> free).

It is intended behavior.  To handle voicemail, you could restructure your
dialplan to:

1) set limit_ignore_transfer to false, then transfer to a VM handling
extension.  The act of transfering will reset the limit.

2) For intercept...  you could use uuid_limit_release api.  hmm.. This could
also be used for 1.

freeswitch at internal> uuid_limit_release
USAGE: uuid_limit_release <uuid> <backend> [realm] [resource]

> We are using 1.0.6; since this is a production system it is quite hard for
> me to test the latest git.
>
>                                  Thanks! __Yehavi:

-Rupa