[Freeswitch-users] Enterprise bridge variables vs. regular bridge.

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 11:32:49 PDT 2010

with enterprise originate, put vars you want to get set on all
channels in <> instead of {}
enterprise originate is another dimension of originates where each
string between :_: delim is an entire new originate thread using all
of the other functionality separately so each one has a dedicated {}
area.
<> is global to all sub originate processes

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 12:54 PM, Tim St. Pierre
<fs-list at communicatefreely.net> wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I'm trying to implement a setup where a user can have their incoming calls also ring an assistant's
> phone, but with a different ring cadence.  It mostly works, but I'm having some issues with the
> bridge command.  I'm using a lua script to dynamically generate the dialplan based on database info.
>
> Here's what I have tried:
>
> application="bridge"
> data="$[local_var_clobber=true}user/main_user at ourdomain.net,[alert_info=${domain};info=alert-group]user/assistant_user at ourdomain.net"
>
> This seems to work well, except that only one of the user's registrations gets rung, and I get an
> error on the console saying that "only the first element will be used".
>
> I also tried the so-called enterprise bridge mode.
>
> data="${call_timeout=24,progress_timeout=4}user/main_user at ourdomain.net:_:call_timeout=24,progress_timeout=4,info=alert-group},user/assistant_user at ourdomain.net"
>
> This example rings all the phones in the registration, but the variables I set earlier on (like
> call_timeout) don't get passed to the channel.  I have to set them for each leg.  What's more, if
> nobody answers, there is no cause code returned for the next dialplan step, which implements
> forwarding rules based on the results of the bridge.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Ultimately, I much prefer the first (comma separated) setup, if only it would ring all the contacts
> in the registration.
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> -Tim

Anthony Minessale II