[Freeswitch-users] Enterprise bridge variables vs. regular bridge.

Tim St. Pierre fs-list at communicatefreely.net
Fri Sep 24 10:54:54 PDT 2010

Hello list,

I'm trying to implement a setup where a user can have their incoming calls also ring an assistant's
phone, but with a different ring cadence.  It mostly works, but I'm having some issues with the
bridge command.  I'm using a lua script to dynamically generate the dialplan based on database info.

Here's what I have tried:

application="bridge"
data="$[local_var_clobber=true}user/main_user at ourdomain.net,[alert_info=${domain};info=alert-group]user/assistant_user at ourdomain.net"

This seems to work well, except that only one of the user's registrations gets rung, and I get an
error on the console saying that "only the first element will be used".

I also tried the so-called enterprise bridge mode.

data="${call_timeout=24,progress_timeout=4}user/main_user at ourdomain.net:_:call_timeout=24,progress_timeout=4,info=alert-group},user/assistant_user at ourdomain.net"

This example rings all the phones in the registration, but the variables I set earlier on (like
call_timeout) don't get passed to the channel.  I have to set them for each leg.  What's more, if
nobody answers, there is no cause code returned for the next dialplan step, which implements
forwarding rules based on the results of the bridge.

Any suggestions?

Ultimately, I much prefer the first (comma separated) setup, if only it would ring all the contacts
in the registration.

Any help is appreciated.

-Tim