[Freeswitch-users] TLS re-negotiation attack on SIP/TLS of FreeSWITCH?

Fabio Pietrosanti (naif) lists at infosecurity.ch
Wed Sep 22 07:45:18 PDT 2010

There is a nice thread related to Apache ad OpenSSL plenty of nice tech
information on how it's fixed in Apache starting from a certain OpenSSL
version:
http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@httpd.apache.org/msg46216.html

Additionally there was a very quick OpenSSL fix when in 2009 the
vulnerability was discovered:
http://www.links.org/files/no-renegotiation-2.patch

They could be good hint to have a look and be sure that TLS just does
not do TLS re-negotiation (the fix it's to just disable TLS re-negotiation).

Ah! Regarding the certificate check:
- With SNOM Firmware 8 and with PrivateGSM Enterprise (i will release
early october for Nokia/iPhone/Blackberry on http://www.privatewave.com)
there's a forced server-side certificate check to enforce the SIP/TLS
security checking.

However the TLS re-negotiation issue it's a different story.

Fabio