[Freeswitch-users] Usage of optional argument -bf ?

Patrick Lists freeswitch-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Tue Sep 21 07:49:49 PDT 2010

Hi all,

In the output of freeswitch -h I noticed there is a (for me) new
argument -bf that FreeSWITCH can be started with. Is -bf supposed to
work in combination with -nc where it will block until it has fully
started and then goes into the background?

When I start FreeSWITCH (git from yesterday) as follows:
/opt/freeswitch/bin/freeswitch -u freeswitch -g freeswitch -core -bf -nc
then FreeSWITCH does start, goes into the background but I can not
connect to it with fs_cli on the same host. When I omit -bf from the
line above then all is well and I can connect with fs_cli.

I'm interested in the blocking part because when you do
# service freeswitch start
right now it will immediately return [ OK ] but I prefer to get an ok
after FreeSWITCH actually has fully started.

Did I misunderstood the -bf arg?

Thanks!
Patrick