[Freeswitch-users] mod_skypopen - performence and capacity.

Shamun toha md shamun.toha at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 07:55:49 PDT 2010

Hello,

Thanks, we can always consult with more experts from FS, that is must. But
just consulting here for one assumption before opening a final ticket.

Can we not just use CentOS 5.5. And then take a hardware like following:

1. CPU 6 core or 8 core or 12 core:
-
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/products/Processors/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=bsd&cs=04&sku=317-4155

2. Mother board: To have 12 x 4 times = 48 Core
-
http://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/Xeon7000/7500/X8QB6.cfm?SAS=Y

3. 2 core each with reserved 4GB RAM

2 core can handle 20 channels of skype instance. So, 48 Core / 2 = 24 x 20 =
480 Skype channels possible. With power of hardware and proper calculation
on this, bandwidth is not a problem, there are many backbone providers.

Am i right? Still its possible in theory? Please fix me if i am wrong,

Thanks & Best regards