[Freeswitch-users] New to the list

Patrick Lists freeswitch-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Tue Sep 7 07:52:54 PDT 2010

On 09/07/2010 04:13 AM, Jody Rudolph wrote:
> Just wanted to introduce myself as I'm sure I'll be posting here often
> looking for opinions. I have recently started a large project to create
> a scalable, fault-tolerant, and entirely open source communications
> platform and my intention is to use Freeswitch for the core of this
> system. I'm really excited about what I have seen from Freeswitch so
> far. I come from a big Asterisk background in the old days but have
> spent the last 5 years in proprietary voice systems prison :)
>
> My main areas of focus right now are distributed call processing via
> core-odbc (possibly memcached?) with load balancing and tight
> integration with an openSER variant doing the balancing. I am hoping to
> be able to use the SER (probably opensips) to handle registrations and
> NAT traversal to keep the load from the core servers. I will post that
> question in a different thread though.
>
> Also, I'm not much of a C programmer so core development is probably
> out, but I would be happy to contribute to the project in any way I can
> with testing, documentation, or script contribution.
>
> Thanks,
> -Jody

Welcome Jody. FreeSWITCH is a great project with a wonderful Community.
I recommend the FreeSWITCH book to get started. Obviously you have found
your way to the mailing list. The #freeswitch channel on
irc.freenode.net and the FreeSWITCH conference are also great places to
discuss in real-time all things FreeSWITCH. And should you be willing to
document your experiences setting up your project then the wiki is the
place to go.

Regards,
Patrick