[Freeswitch-users] iLBC codec generating only noise.

xuyan yang xyangni at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 12:23:18 PDT 2010

Hi,

I am trying to use iLBC codec with both eyebeam and some iphone client. When
a ivr is called, the client can here system voice and make dtmf input. but
the voice recorded from client's microphone is only noise.
The call between 2 clients also have such problem.

Sometimes, FS may even got crashed with the following information:

2010-10-08 19:56:21.343750 [INFO] switch_rtp.c:2527 Auto Changing port from
10.20.132.244:18570 to 8
2.132.139.197:19536
alloc: asked for negative size -2147483648

in var.xml, I have added iLBC instead of iLBC at 30i, because  iLBC at 30i is
ignored during codec negotiation.
<X-PRE-PROCESS cmd="set" data="global_codec_prefs=G7221 at 32000h,G7221 at 16000h
,G722,speex at 8000h@20i,iLBC,PCMU,PCMA,GSM"/>

The git version last week is used in my test. Is there anything wrong with
my setup? Thanks.