[Freeswitch-users] Loss of first second of media from termination provider

Fraser Redmond fraserredmond at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 12:07:35 PDT 2010

I've just set up with a new termination provider, and am finding that the
first second of media is being lost.

I get early media (ringing), then when the call is answered the first half a
second to a second is lost, then the rest of the call is fine.

Their engineers have run a sip trace and a full packet trace, and it looks
like everything is being delivered from the pstn to my server. They said
that none of their other customers have reported this problem before.

I've tested connecting to pstn's in several different countries, with the
same results. I've used 2-3 other termination providers (1 still in current
use) which have all been fine.

So it seems like it's a combination of Freeswitch with this provider.

This is running on Ubuntu on a Amazon AWS server, the version of freeswitch
is about 2 weeks old, I'll be trying on a new server with the latest version
tomorrow, in case that helps.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Fraser