[Freeswitch-users] Call back from voice mail creates loop

Tim St. Pierre fs-list at communicatefreely.net
Mon Oct 4 12:55:42 PDT 2010

Michael Collins wrote:
> Are you trying to bridge the current leg (user <--> voicemail) to
> another endpoint? If so, how are you doing that? Are you transferring
> the leg back into the dialplan for processing?

I may have just answered my own question - quite by accident while working on another problem.

I was sending the call back to the dial plan for processing, but I was using the execute_extension
application instead of transfer

It looks like execute_extension doesn't affect the destination_number variable, whereas transfer
changes the destination number, and sets the previously dialed number as RDNIS.

Changing my logic to use transfer instead of execute_extension seems to have solved things.

-Tim