[Freeswitch-users] distributor in LCR

Rupa Schomaker rupa at rupa.com
Sat Oct 2 10:45:18 PDT 2010

On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 6:57 PM, Octavio Duarte <xduvox at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello
> Here is my problem, i have a several gateways and each one of them gw has a
> different calls' capacity  but the same rate , what i wanna do is to use
> something like mod distributor to be able to distribute call among gw´s
> according it's capacity, i dont want to full each gateway to send calls to
> another empty.
> In LCR module i read that i can use random to get different order, but that
> is not what i need! i see that i can add custom sql but  i wanted to know if
> there is something already done!

Since I maintain mod_lcr, I'd suggest that using mod_lcr with custom_sql and
proper use of random is the "right" way to do it.  I haven't looked too
closely at mod_distributor, but maybe you can have lcr return you the list
of "logical gatways" that are each described by a distributor endpoint.
 Then iterate through the list of routes, expanding as needed.  Yes, it is
more work than just using custom_sql or distributor directly but may get you
what you want.

Already done?  FS is a construction kit.  Use the tools to build what you
need.

Maybe if you describe what you need in total we can suggest a reasonable
solution?

> Finally   I dont see the way to use mod limit and distributor together

Correct.  I have an open ticket on Jira to research it.  So far I haven't
come up with an approach that I'm happy with.  If someone wants to suggest
an approach we can look at it and see if it works and if so implement.
 Patches or just ideas are welcome. Personally, I just suggest using mod_lcr
to solve both the lcr issues and the distribution issues.

> i am really new on FS but i seems to be an amazing project!

That it is.  FS is very flexible.  That means that some parts can
be overwhelming.   The list is helpful and the IRC channel is *very*
helpful.

> Thank in advance for you help and time!
> Best Regards from Mexico

-Rupa