[Freeswitch-users] Alarm Receiver for FreeSWITCH?

Gabriel Kuri gkuri at ieee.org
Tue Nov 23 11:39:00 PST 2010

I've done some work with alarm panels and VoIP over the years,
generally it doesn't work 100% reliably (similar to FAXing over VoIP),
plus there are some liability issues associated with it, but I'll
leave that for the lawyers to sort out ;) ...

Aside from sending the actual report, ContactID also requires an
initial handshake to begin the report and a 1400Hz "kissoff" to end
the report, which is the most important part. The alarm panel will
continuously try to send the ContactID report if the kissoff isn't
acknowledged by the central station. You need to be sure to the
kissoff is acknowledged, otherwise the panel will be dialing all day
long, unless it's setup with a limited set of retries before it gives
up.

Just my two cents.

Cheers,
Gabe