[Freeswitch-users] Alarm Receiver for FreeSWITCH?

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Tue Nov 23 10:18:08 PST 2010

Jim:

The tone_detect app will let you set a callback action. So, you set it in
your dialplan (or via Lua if you so desire) and then if it detects the tone
it will execute the action specified. The action could be launching a
script, executing another extension, or just setting a channel variable. You
can do what you want with it from there. More info:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Misc._Dialplan_Tools_tone_detect

As for generating tones, don't bother with wav files, just use TGML, the
tone generation markup language:

<!-- send a 2 second tone at 1004 Hz -->
<action application="playback" data="tone_stream://%(2000,0,1004)"/>

You can do all kinds of fancy stuff with TGML. See this for more
information:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/TGML

-MC