[Freeswitch-users] transfer_ringback heard by both parties (during att_xfer)

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 11:13:02 PST 2010

the holder is hearing hold music because you're putting them on hold
it's a coincidence,
you would set the channel variable hold_music to "silence" on that
holding leg if you do not wish to hear anything.

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 12:51 PM, Fraser Redmond
<fraserredmond at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been exploring att_xfer the last couple of days and am really happy
> with it, works really well, and it's been interesting looking back at old
> mailing list emails to see how it's evolved over the years.
>
> One thing that isn't quite how I'd expected it to be is that if I set
> transfer_ringback=$${hold_music}  both the original parties hear it, instead
> of just the person who is being transferred. For example (if we have lines
> A, B, C: A calls in to B, then B transfers to C and hangs up leaving A & C
> talking) then during the transfer A hears the hold_music (which is what I'd
> expect) but when C's phone is ringing B hears it as hold_music instead of a
> 'normal' ringback.
>
> Reading through the wiki, it looked like setting one of these vars before
> doing the transfer might work, but no change:
>                 <action application="set" data="ringback=${us-ring}"/>
>                 <action application="set" data="ignore_early_media=true"/>
>
> Anything else I should try? Or is this intended behaviour, or a bug?
>
> Cheers,
> Fraser

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/