[Freeswitch-users] How to Change the TO: SIP Header from "tel:" to "sip:"?

Yasuro yasuro at yasuro.com
Fri Nov 19 03:02:49 PST 2010

Hi!

Could you tell me how you can change the To: SIP header from "tel:'
format to "sip:"? I found a thread on the mailing list about someone who
was trying to do the opposite
<http://freeswitch-users.2379917.n2.nabble.com/How-to-change-SIP-To-header-td5300587.html>
and it mentions sip_to_uri variable, but just as Mr. David Ponzone wrote
there, setting/exporting it before transferring an incoming call through
a SIP ITSP does not seem to have any effect.

What I am trying to do is to have FreeSWITCH act as IVR/AA to incoming
calls through ITSPs. My setup works fine with Gizmo but not with a
Japanese ITSP. I figured the ITSP's SIP server does not conform to the
standards entirely, and does not understand or like something FS sends
to it, to which it responds by BYE-ing the call without giving any reason.

So I have been doing a lot of trial and error, and now I am reasonably
certain the header above is the culprit. Since I could not figure out
how to change it by myself, I placed AsterikWin32 as a middleman, and FS
responded perfectly. This worked, I believe, because AsteriskWin32 uses
the sip: scheme, not the tel: scheme.

Now I have a working setup, but I'd very much like to get AsteriskWin32
out of the way. Your help will be highly appreciated!

Yasuro