[Freeswitch-users] How to Remove Certain SIP Headers [was: Help! FS Unable to Handle Incoming Calls Through SIP Gateway]

Yasuro yasuro at yasuro.com
Thu Nov 18 05:13:51 PST 2010

Just to be clear, I am currently trying to figure out a way to stop
FreeSWITCH from including the Remote-Party-ID header in its SIP
messages. I am suspecting my SIP service provider does not like to see
it in the OK messages FS sends in response to their INVITEs. It is
reported to be the case with Halonet
<http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Provider_Configuration:_Halonet>.

I know there issip_cid_variable channel variable
<http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Channel_Variables#sip_cid_type>, but
setting it to none by

    <action application="set" data="sip_cid_type=none" />

in the 00_inbound_did.xml dialplan before transferring the incoming call
to an extension does not seem to have any effect.

Here is a log: http://pastebin.freeswitch.org/14523

Please advise. Thanks!

Yasuro