[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch Long Run

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 07:52:22 PST 2010

yes,

do not use -hp <-- never swap and use more ram or -waste <--- hmm what
does waste mean
if you used the recommended ulimit -s 240 you would not need -waste for sure.

use latest build on a 64 bit version of CentOS 5.3 and do not generate
artificial load with misconfigured load testing tools.

On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 4:28 AM, Ahmed Bhaila <ahmed.ajmal at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> Has anyone have experience running Freeswitch for longer periods preferably
> more than 24 hrs with average connected calls around 500 at any given time?
> I have tried this and the problem I am seeing is that Freeswitch seems to
> use up all the physical memory after which the system goes unstable and
> doesnt accept any calls I also see a lot of dropped called after that. I
> have two test machines which I have started with the recommended ulimit
> settings (described in the wiki) and using -hp and -waste as the startup
> params. Both machines are Intel Xeon Quad Core with 8 gigs of RAM and
> running CentOS. The first machine is using the latest GIT-HEAD while the
> second machine is using Freeswitch version 1.0.4 (tried with 1.0.6 too but
> didnt help). Also, this is a production level scenario where I have
> customers sending in real traffic (signaling + media). Any recommendations
> and/or suggestions?
>
> Thanks
> Ahmed

Anthony Minessale II