[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch Long Run

Ahmed Bhaila ahmed.ajmal at gmail.com
Sun Nov 14 02:28:24 PST 2010

Hello

Has anyone have experience running Freeswitch for longer periods preferably
more than 24 hrs with average connected calls around 500 at any given time?
I have tried this and the problem I am seeing is that Freeswitch seems to
use up all the physical memory after which the system goes unstable and
doesnt accept any calls I also see a lot of dropped called after that. I
have two test machines which I have started with the recommended ulimit
settings (described in the wiki) and using -hp and -waste as the startup
params. Both machines are Intel Xeon Quad Core with 8 gigs of RAM and
running CentOS. The first machine is using the latest GIT-HEAD while the
second machine is using Freeswitch version 1.0.4 (tried with 1.0.6 too but
didnt help). Also, this is a production level scenario where I have
customers sending in real traffic (signaling + media). Any recommendations
and/or suggestions?

Thanks
Ahmed