[Freeswitch-users] Run FreeSWITCH on iPhone/iPad

Jan Berger jan.berger at video24.no
Tue May 11 01:50:05 PDT 2010

Your right about limited resources. I can't see why FreeSWITCH should not
run on iPhone/iPad or Symbian or ME, but you would need to limit the modules
down to a bare minimum and start getting greedy on mem-usage. I will however
assume that your main problem is CPU usage - but again if you avoid using
codec's it should work.

Codec's like G.729/GSM might be a CPU issue. I have not looked into how
iPhone run some of the phone stuff, but my guess is that it's either very
tight assembly or DSP on iPhone doing that???

---

I have considered doing the same using Qt/QtCreator, currently owned by
Nokia because that platform support Windows, Linux, Mac, Solaris, various
Unix/X11, Embedded Linux/ARM, Windows ME and the "blessed" Symbian.

The issue with Symbian is that it's owned by Nokia and used by Sony-Ericsson
on their middle-ware so it's on 60% of the world's mobile devices. Symbian
as such is not a nice OS to develop for. Qt on the other hand is very cool.

http://qt.nokia.com

The 2nd reason I am considering QtCreator is because it would give me a
single IDE/framework for a lot of platforms.

Jan