[Freeswitch-users] short ringback tone when answer

Tony Tin tony.tin at noahmedia.com.hk
Sun May 9 06:16:23 PDT 2010

Hi All,

I've just setup a new IVRS with FreeSwitch and a Digium TE220 card (which is
connected to a 4ess T1). Every thing works fine so far except one little
problem that annoys me. Every time I dial in the ivrs, there is a very short
(0.5 second) ringback tone exactly while the "<action
application="answer"/>" line is executed in the dial plan. I want to disable
this ringback tone because the ivrs will answer the call immediately, the
ringback tone is really unnecessary in this case, but I fail to do that. I
try to set the variable "ringback" to change the ringback tone, it's also
not working. Could anyone please help.

I'm using the native pri stack.
The default.xml containts only below lines, and attached is the log file.

       <extension name="testing">
          <condition field="destination_number" expression="^(6.*)$">
                <action application="sleep" data="3000"/>
                <action application="answer"/>
                <action application="sleep" data="3000"/>
          </condition>
       </extension>

Regards,
Tony