[Freeswitch-users] freeswitch, openzap, dahdi issues...

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 12:00:27 PDT 2010

I had a look at the code and I discovered that the zt mod defaults to a echo
can level of 64 internally.
I did a patch to the code that should allow it to be explicitly off when you
omit that param.

If you could update to latest trunk and test it, it should be a real test of
my theory.

If you still have the problem the next step would be to add some debugging
code to
the ozmod_zt read and write functions to see if it's sending data up to the
app.

Maybe there are some new ioctls or something they added for interop with
OSLEC that we don't know about.

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 1:21 PM, <Russell.Mosemann at cune.org> wrote:

> Anthony Minessale <anthony.minessale at gmail.com> said:
>
> > All OpenZAP does with digium cards is open the device and read
> > and write from it. If you are getting no audio the problem is
> > happening in the kernel before OpenZAP gets to see anything.
>
> That provides a starting point for checking things.
>
> > My suggestion is to look at /usr/local/freeswitch/conf/zt.conf
> > there is a line
> > echo_cancel_level => 64
> >
> > try erasing or commenting it out with a leading ;
>
> I did a quick test, and that didn't solve the problem. I'll have to look
> into it further.
>
> > >From my recollection when you use OSLEC, you have to disable the
> > dahdi/zaptel echo canceler.
>
> That has changed in DAHDI. There is no default echo canceler. The
> specific echo canceler (if any) must be specified for each channel (or
> range of channels). OSLEC is referenced like any other echo canceler. For
> example,
>
> echocanceller=oslec,1-23
>
> > BTW, you got that card for $100 because it really is worth
> > that much, maybe less ;)
>
> No arguments there. This is merely a toy system, and audio quality is not
> a factor. We just want to demonstrate that this can be useful for us.
> Based on past experience with Sangoma products and support, it would be
> wonderful to have a card from them.
>
> --
> Russell Mosemann

Anthony Minessale II