[Freeswitch-users] freeswitch, openzap, dahdi issues...

Russell.Mosemann at cune.org Russell.Mosemann at cune.org
Fri Mar 19 11:21:29 PDT 2010

Anthony Minessale <anthony.minessale at gmail.com> said:

> All OpenZAP does with digium cards is open the device and read
> and write from it. If you are getting no audio the problem is
> happening in the kernel before OpenZAP gets to see anything.

That provides a starting point for checking things.

> My suggestion is to look at /usr/local/freeswitch/conf/zt.conf
> there is a line
> echo_cancel_level => 64
>
> try erasing or commenting it out with a leading ;

I did a quick test, and that didn't solve the problem. I'll have to look
into it further.

> >From my recollection when you use OSLEC, you have to disable the
> dahdi/zaptel echo canceler.

That has changed in DAHDI. There is no default echo canceler. The
specific echo canceler (if any) must be specified for each channel (or
range of channels). OSLEC is referenced like any other echo canceler. For
example,

echocanceller=oslec,1-23

> BTW, you got that card for $100 because it really is worth
> that much, maybe less ;)

No arguments there. This is merely a toy system, and audio quality is not
a factor. We just want to demonstrate that this can be useful for us.
Based on past experience with Sangoma products and support, it would be
wonderful to have a card from them.

--
Russell Mosemann