[Freeswitch-users] How long did the phone ring?

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Wed Mar 17 13:34:16 PDT 2010

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 1:10 PM, Fraser Redmond <fraserredmond at gmail.com>wrote:

> Thanks, I suspect this is what I really needed:
>

> > if you are tying to do billing inside some js script you are using, stop
> now, and go learn about cdrs.
>
> I guess there's more for me to un-learn from Asterisk than I'd thought :-(

Yes, there probably is. FreeSWITCH is definitely a paradigm shift, but once
you realize the power under the hood you'll never go back to Asterisk.

If you *really* want to get fancy you can use mod_xml_cdr and get a true 3D
picture of your call. You can even use it to post the XML CDRs to an
external web server and do all your billing offline. :D

You might want to join #freeswitch on irc.freenode.net and rub elbows with
the other Asterisk refugees who've made the transition.

-MC