[Freeswitch-users] ESL: phpmod

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Tue Jun 22 11:41:39 PDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 11:34 AM, Helmut Kuper <helmut.kuper at ewetel.de>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> hm well, yes, indeed that works, too. Maybe even better.
>
> But I still have the problem of a hanging command which doesn't comes
> back until timeout, answer, cancel, ... on callee's side.

Which command doesn't come back? I'm assuming you mean the "originate"
itself and not the bgapi. I don't see how you can avoid a "hang" while you
wait for the 2nd channel (the callee) to be contacted since you have to wait
for him/her to answer. In any case, this should be quite doable either with
api or with bgapi. The difference with bgapi is that you can do other stuff
in your script (if you need to) while api will wait for the result of the
originate before it returns.

-MC