[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch kills my home voip phone

Oliver Schenk oliver.schenk at iinet.net.au
Mon Jun 7 06:21:06 PDT 2010

Hi All,

I'm a total freeswitch noob at the moment.

I was playing at home with FreeSwitch on Windows compiled from source. I
have a router at home that registers with my ISP's voip SIP server. My
hard phone is connected to that router to make calls.

Whenever I have FreeSwitch running on my PC (which is on the same LAN as
the router) I lose my VOIP connection to the ISP and I can't re-register
until I reboot my internet connection. This happens straight out of the
box. Why is this happening? Also while freeswitch is running I can't
seem to make any calls ... is Freeswitch hijacking my connection?

Thanks,

Oliver