[Freeswitch-users] Status of absolute_codec_string

Kristian Kielhofner kris at kriskinc.com
Wed Jun 2 12:40:44 PDT 2010

Hello everyone,

  Either I am misunderstanding absolute_codec_string or there is
something going on with it in trunk.  I had a git checkout from a
month ago that exhibited this same behavior so I updated about an hour
ago.  It's still there (or I'm still confused).

  In short, I have a call that comes in from a remote endpoint that
will advertise PCMU and G729 (in that order).  When I bridge the call
I want to remove G729 capability from the outbound leg in some cases
so FS doesn't have to transcode.  In other cases (controlled from the
dialplan), I want to place G729 as the first codec (again so FS
doesn't have to transcode) but I can force G729.  I've tried regex on
ep_codec_string and I've tried regex on the SDP.  Both seemed to work
well but what didn't work was setting absolute_codec_string from
either of these.

  Even when I try to set it manually without any fancy conditions it
doesn't appear to work.  The codec prefs from the SIP profile are
presented to the remote endpoint.  Full debug here:

http://pastebin.freeswitch.org/13088

  Any ideas?

--
Kristian Kielhofner