[Freeswitch-users] 100 parallel calls not possible (Performance problems)

Nyamul Hassan mnhassan at usa.net
Wed Jul 28 00:39:21 PDT 2010

CPS stands for Calls Per Second.  Which basically means, the number of "new
call attempts" that are hitting "every second".

Suppose you have 1 call attempt coming in every second.  After 30 seconds,
out of the 30 attempts in total, only 10 were successfully connected.  That
would still make your CPS = 1.  So, having 10 "active sessions" is not
important.

The CPU has the most work to do during call setup, as it has to process the
logic of establishing the call.  However, once the call is connected, there
is very little "logical processing" for the CPU.

Regards
HASSAN