[Freeswitch-users] Scalable System

Samuel Macedo macedoslm at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 14:29:15 PDT 2010

Hi,

I have a conference system that use ESL Outbound connection, users can
access the conference by an IVR menu.
Today my conference receives about 50 simultaneous calls and this number is
increasing. I want to develop a kind of architecture to receive a large
amount of calls, but I don't know how.

This is the possibilities:

   1. I have a Intel Xeon 3460 (2.8GHz) server. I can upgrade the machine
   and this will increase the number of calls. How many extra calls will the
   server support if I upgrade it? Is there any kind of statistics?
   2. I can have a entrance server that will balance the calls in different
   machines, so I will transfer the calls to the correct server by the
   conference number. Conferences from 0 - 500 I send to *Server A* and
   conferences from 501 - 1000 send to *Server B*. The problem of this
   solution is the transfer operation - I suppose that it's an expensive
   action.

Is there any other option?

Thanks,
--