[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch+Siemens A580IP

Rupa Schomaker rupa at rupa.com
Fri Jul 9 09:55:40 PDT 2010

They have a problem with g722 and early media.  Either turn off g722 on the
phone or actually answer the call prior to bridging.  I have a ticket open
with Siemens on this with traces but have heard nothing recently from them.

I have the following in my dialplan towards the top to unconditionally
"answer" if the endpoint is a A580ip:

    <extension name="fix siemens" continue="true">
      <condition field="${sip_user_agent}" expression="^A580 IP">
        <action application="log" data="CRIT early answer for siemens"/>
        <action application="answer"/>
      </condition>
    </extension>

On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 11:31 AM, Nick G <nick at hkcradio.com> wrote:

> Greetings.
>     I have a bit of a problem with placing outgoing calls with my
> Siemens on my freeswitch PBX, which seems to have to do with the way it
> handles sending a ring signal to someone on the call.  Instead of the
> method used by other PBX's, it seems to send audio back, rather than
> being content to let my sip device take care of sending me the ring
> signal.  Consequently, it has a hard time negotiating media when someone
> actually picks up the call.  Can I fix this?  If so, how?
> Thanks,
> Nick

-Rupa