[Freeswitch-users] Dynamic mod_conference configuration

Tim St. Pierre fs-list at communicatefreely.net
Mon Jul 5 19:59:59 PDT 2010

Hello list,

I am trying to set up our conferencing system to pull some preferences from a database.

In the conference.conf.xml file, I have a few profiles that cover pretty much all the bases, but I
want to be able to set the music on hold sound differently for each conference, without reloading XML.

I tried using ${hold_music} as the moh_sound in the config file, but this doesn't seem to expand.

Is there a way to dynamically set conference profile options with a channel variable?

I read a bit on generating config with LUA.  The wiki talks about dialplan and directory, but
doesn't really say much about other module configs.  Can I bind a lua script to mod_conference?  Can
someone give me a snippet of that binding if that's possible?

Thanks for the help!

-Tim