[Freeswitch-users] Eavesdrop in LUA

rod kawarod at laposte.net
Fri Jan 15 22:22:53 PST 2010

Hi Pete,

to get the beginning of the communication, I find this:
use the pre-answer/ringback command before bridging the call, this will
issue a 183 with ringback in RTP.  Doing this, eavesdrop application
can listen  the  caller  A talking  in the phone (and the ringback tone)
even if the call is not connected to B :o

in the dialplan I did this:
<action application="set" data="ringback=$${fr-ring}"/>
<action application="pre_answer"/>
<action application="sleep" data="500"/>
<actionapplication="bridge"data="{ecoute=${caller_id_number}}sofia/gateway/${caller_id_number}/${destination_numbe\
r}"/>

A colleague wrote a perl script using mod_event that looks for when a
call that should be eavesdrop is connecting and originate a call to C
using eavesdrop on A leg. I will ask my colleague/boss if he's okay to
share his script on the wiki. I think, he'll be okay, but prefer asking
before.

Give a try to pre-anwer with lua, and let me know if you could eavesdrop
to a call before the call is exchanging media.
Are you ok to share your lua script, so that we could document the
eavesdrop page ?

regards,
rod