[Freeswitch-users] Gateway Configuration

Joseph L. Casale jcasale at activenetwerx.com
Sat Jan 9 09:40:21 PST 2010

It seems there are two ways to configure an spa3102's fxo port w/
pbx's, you can set the dial plan to <phone_#_of_pstn>@<freeswitch_ip>
or <ext_to_dial>@<freeswitch_ip>.

>From fs's perspective, what exactly is the difference here?
Are there any significant differences between the two methods?
Are there any best practices that should be considered?

Incoming sip did's and a zap line I had all were configured so that
they entered the public context filtered by <phone_#>.

Most of the examples I see for setting up the spa don't function like this
but a couple do?

Thanks!
jlc