[Freeswitch-users] Voicemail Question (using multiple servers)

Bill W. freeswitch at aastral.net
Sun Jan 3 07:24:49 PST 2010

Hey VM,

I'm interested in your issue because I will need to implement this
feature in probably 6 months or so.  But I'm not currently familiar with
the VM database records or how they're used.

The weird thing is I'm using a shared sofia database for registrations
across a cluster and it works fine.  I know the IP address of the switch
the UA registered to gets stored in the registration database, but any
switch can use that registration record.

Looking at the sql in the voicemail module, it shows a column for
'domain'.  Is this where the IP address is being stored?   If so, maybe
you can find a way to change that to a domain name as Tony suggested.
Is the domain name/ip address being used in the filesystem path?

In any case I'm willing to help you solve this because I need to solve
this issue as well.   If you don't want to clog up the list with all the
troubleshooting,  we can take this off-list and then post our results to
the thread when it's all done.

Thanks,
Bill