[Freeswitch-users] Voicemail Question (using multiple servers)

VM Knott vmknott at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 06:06:16 PST 2010

Bill,

The original plan was to share the db across multiple switches.

However, if I have to implement functionality to track records that
identify a specific IP address for every switch in the cluster, I was
thinking that a temporary work-around for our application would be a
standard greeting for all mailboxes.  We do not want the default TTS
sounding greeting that identifies the mailbox number, so I was going
to assign a standard greeting for all new mailboxes, and then if the
owner submits a custom greeting to their mailbox, it will override the
default.

We can implement logic to synchronize the db, not a huge deal.  But
this just feels like I’m over-complicating the solution.

- VMK