[Freeswitch-users] outgoing dialplans for australia

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Sun Feb 21 01:10:11 PST 2010

Brian May <brian at microcomaustralia.com.au> wrote:

> As a specific example of something I am unsure of, is it possible to
> have it try and dial using a sip provider, and if that fails try the
> zap port? I don't want it to fall back to the zap port though if the
> person doesn't answer or is engaged, only if there is a problem with
> the SIP connection (e.g. Internet connection down).

http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Extension_Status_Example
is similar to what you want, except that instead of invoking a Javascript
application if the call fails (as in the example), you'll need to test the
value of originate_disposition to decide how to handle the call if the bridge
is unsuccessful and it falls through to the next action in the dial-plan.

(I'm assuming based on that page that originate_disposition is the correct
variable in this kind of scenario.)

Someone (perhaps you after you've implemented and debugged it) should document
the result on the wiki, as I'm sure this is a common use case, but there is no
documentation currently other than the above-mentioned page.