[Freeswitch-users] ACL question and js error

Matthew Law matt at webcontracts.co.uk
Tue Feb 9 01:53:47 PST 2010

On Sun, February 7, 2010 2:59 pm, Frank Carmickle wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 07, Matthew Law wrote:
>> After some more experiments I have a working replacement for the
>> asterisk
>> box we were using before, which is great.
>>
>> I had problems getting incoming calls to work. Changing the entry in
>> acl.conf.xml from:
>>
>> <list name="domains" default="deny">
>>    <node type="allow" domain="$${domain}"/>
>> </list>
>>
>> to:
>>
>> <list name="domains" default="allow">
>>    <node type="allow" domain="$${domain}"/>
>> </list>
>>
>> and reloading xml works but this gets reverted every time FS starts up.
>> I've scanned the wiki docs and can't see anything pertaining to that.
>> Why/where is this happening and how do I make it the default?  Actually,
>> the question should probably be is it sensible to do that? - the box is
>> out on the internet and I really only want to take incoming calls from
>> voiptalk.org, but I can't find a list of IPs on their site which I could
>> create an acl from...
>
> This is what gateway definitions are for in sofia.

I'm still struggling with this.  How where do I tell sofia to allow
incoming connections from this gateway?

Here's my sip_profiles/external/voiptalk.org.xml with the sensitive stuff
removed:

<include>
        <gateway name="voiptalk">
                <param name="username" value="XXXXXXX" />
                <param name="realm" value="voiptalk.org" />
                <param name="from-user" value="XXXXXXX"/>
                <param name="from-domain" value="voiptalk.org"/>
                <param name="password" value="XXXXXXX" />
                <param name="extension" value="voiptalk-incoming"/>
                <param name="proxy" value="voiptalk.org"/>
                <param name="register-proxy" value="voiptalk.org"/>
                <param name="expire-seconds" value="600"/>
                <param name="register" value="true"/>
                <param name="ping" value="25"/>
        </gateway>
</include>

Do I need to add something to this file or maybe sofia.conf.xml to allow
connections from this domain?  Most everything else is working now, just
banging my head on this.

Thanks,

Matt.