[Freeswitch-users] ACL question and js error

Matthew Law matt at webcontracts.co.uk
Sun Feb 7 14:23:15 PST 2010

On Sun, February 7, 2010 2:59 pm, Frank Carmickle wrote:
> This is what gateway definitions are for in sofia.
>

>> Second question: I have tried this example for an answer machine (mainly
>> because it looked the shortest and simplest of the examples listed):
>>
>> http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Examples_answermachine
>
> Is voicemail not what your looking for?
>
> I understand the frustration of trying to get things working first run.  I
> found reading rereading and rereading the wiki to be most helpful.  You
> start to get a sense for how things work.  There are usually 100 ways to
> accomplish the same task in fs.  Over time you'll start to figure which
> ones work best for your setup.  You should jump in the weekly conf call.
> Lots of people there can give you a hand.

I'll read the wiki again :-)

What I would like to do for the moment is route all calls to extension 200
if it is logged in, ring for 20 seconds then go to the answermachine.  If
200 is not logged in, then go straight to answermachine.  Answermachine in
the current context could, I suppose, be a custom voicemail message for
200, but I do need it to be emailed to our group address.

Eventually I want several extensions in a group called 'support'.  Each
one with their own voicemail so they can receive messages from other
extensions but I want external callers to go to the 'answermachine'
voicemail as before.

What would be really cool is if I could wire that to RT so that it raises
a support ticket with the message attached if the caller ID was recognised
as one of our customers.  If not, it should just get emailed to our group
email address to be picked up by someone as per usual.

Yes, I am finding FS difficult mainly because all of the information is
there somewhere, it is just difficult to piece it all together.  One thing
is becoming clear: it is very powerful indeed and like many things in Unix
land, it is the way you can chain each individual component together that
makes it so capable.

Thanks,

Matt.