[Freeswitch-users] mod_nibblebill, loading A-Z rates and CDRs

Rupa Schomaker rupa at rupa.com
Mon Feb 8 13:10:49 PST 2010

Look at using mod_lcr for doing your A-Z rates.  You can categorize your
peak/offpeak/wkend rates as different profiles and then lookup based on
those profiles. mod_lcr is very flexible in that you can also specify your
own custom sql so if you are familiar with sql you could even put your
peak/offpeak/wkend etc decisions in the SQL or in a stored procedure in the
db.

If you are going down the path of custom_sql, then use the patch in jira
since custom_sql behavior will change post 1.0.5 and the new behavior is
much more flexible.

On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 2:40 PM, Gavin Henry <gavin.henry at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We're testing FS and mod_nibblebill for a wholesale platform. So far
> it's working ok via ODBC. I'd like to know how you'd recommend loading
> A-Z rates that have peak, offpeak and weekend rates.
>
> I was thinking about using the conditions for destination to match the
> time of day:
>
> http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Dialplan_XML#Condition
>
> so each rate would be listed a few times in order to match the time of day.
>
> For the destinations I was going to do
> (
> http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_nibblebill#Different_Rates_per_Area_Code
> ):
>
>  <extension name="uk_landline">
>   <condition field="destination_number" expression="^0([1-3]\d{9})$">
>    <action application="set" data="nibble_account=${accountcode}"/>
>    <action application="set" data="nibble_rate=rate_tbc"/>
>    <action application="bridge"
> data="sofia/gateway/sip.myprovider.co.uk/44$1"/>
>   </condition>
>  </extension>
>

> I presume I can have (newbie here) multiple conditions for the time of day?
>
> My last question is if there is a better way to load the A-Z rates
> rather than a massive XML file, like from a DB. I'm still new to FS so
> not sure how to pull in this data. I presume I could just pull it in
> via mod_xml_curl and do the same with saving the CDRs to a RDBMS using
> mod_xml_cdr?
>
> Is this a best practice going to the RDBMS (I'm part of the OpenLDAP
> project so always call it RDBMS so as not confuse a user thinking
> about the OpenLDAP database backend) via mod_xml_curl? I would thought
> going directly to the RDBMS is better? I suppose it depends on the
> system architecture.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Gavin.
>

> --