[Freeswitch-users] mod_nibblebill, loading A-Z rates and CDRs

Gavin Henry gavin.henry at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 12:40:57 PST 2010

Hi all,

We're testing FS and mod_nibblebill for a wholesale platform. So far
it's working ok via ODBC. I'd like to know how you'd recommend loading
A-Z rates that have peak, offpeak and weekend rates.

I was thinking about using the conditions for destination to match the
time of day:

http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Dialplan_XML#Condition

so each rate would be listed a few times in order to match the time of day.

For the destinations I was going to do
(http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_nibblebill#Different_Rates_per_Area_Code):

 <extension name="uk_landline">
   <condition field="destination_number" expression="^0([1-3]\d{9})$">
    <action application="set" data="nibble_account=${accountcode}"/>
    <action application="set" data="nibble_rate=rate_tbc"/>
    <action application="bridge"
data="sofia/gateway/sip.myprovider.co.uk/44$1"/>
   </condition>
 </extension>

I presume I can have (newbie here) multiple conditions for the time of day?

My last question is if there is a better way to load the A-Z rates
rather than a massive XML file, like from a DB. I'm still new to FS so
not sure how to pull in this data. I presume I could just pull it in
via mod_xml_curl and do the same with saving the CDRs to a RDBMS using
mod_xml_cdr?

Is this a best practice going to the RDBMS (I'm part of the OpenLDAP
project so always call it RDBMS so as not confuse a user thinking
about the OpenLDAP database backend) via mod_xml_curl? I would thought
going directly to the RDBMS is better? I suppose it depends on the
system architecture.

Thanks,

Gavin.

--