[Freeswitch-users] Passing channel variables to mod_fifo and xml_cdr

Adam Ford lists at redbonez.net
Thu Feb 4 18:09:59 PST 2010

When sending a call through mod_fifo I seem to be losing my custom channel
variables that were assigned during prior processing of the call.  In my
example, I am trying to assign a unique identifier at the time the call
enters my FreeSWITCH system in order to more easily tie the xml_cdr logs
together.  This works great, until a call is processed through mod_fifo,
which drops my custom channel variable in the calls that it generates.  Is
it likely that I have something wrong with my config? Or does mod_fifo not
support the passing of custom channel variables?

The overall problem I am trying to solve is that mod_fifo generates a
separate a-leg for every time it rings an agent.  If the agent answers, the
a-leg log gets tied to the associated b-leg log with the uuids and I am able
to see the entire call in xml_cdr.  However, if the agent rejects the call
or doesn't answer, the a-leg is abandoned with seemingly no association back
to a b-leg log.  Anyone have a better suggestion for tying all these xml_cdr
logs together for a full picture of the call?

-Adam