[Freeswitch-users] Limit the extension creation

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Mon Feb 1 16:55:47 PST 2010

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 11:22 AM, Scott Fernandez <scottferri09 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to restrict the number of extension that FS
> supports/serves?. The idea is to limit the concurrent usage of the system
> for which we need to restrict the FS to support upto a predefined no. of
> users/extensions.
>
> Can anyone assist please?

Do you mean limiting the number of extensions defined in the XML configs, or
do you mean the number of concurrent calls? If the former you'll probably
need to use mod_xml_curl and have your backend db & logic enforce the max
number of users/extensions. If the latter then you'll want to read up on
mod_limit: http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_limit

-MC