[Freeswitch-users] Moving RTP relay to another FS BOX?

Fabio Pietrosanti (naif) lists at infosecurity.ch
Thu Dec 30 11:45:30 MSK 2010

Hi all,

i have an infrastructure with a single FS server that does RTP
conditional RTP relay.

My server is in Europe but now i have VoIP clients that need to use the
server from South America and India.

Obviously two peers coming from "South america" need to bounce all their
traffic trough Europe increasing the delay.

I would like to install one FS server on each continent and implement a
dynamic geo-ip based logic to have two clients use the RTP relay near to
them.

All VoIP clients connect to a single FS server.

How it's possible to install a 2nd FS (or RTPRelay or whatever) so that
if the two clients are coming from a different geographical area,
redirect their RTP relay to the FS near to them?

I am missing how to do it with FS, i just need 1 central server for SIP
signaling and multiple FS acting as RTP relay with a custom server side
components that looks are the SIP client IP address and address the VoIP
clients's RTP flows to a 2nd FS box, near to them.

How to address VoIP client's RTP flow to another FS server?

Fabio