[Freeswitch-users] confusing on skypopen module

Jian Ren renjian at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 22:43:14 MSK 2010

I am seeing where I was couple weeks ago :-).

Ha, all the steps below are to launch multiple skype instances(in different
X instances).

Step 2 is to prepare the base folder for skype. If you already followed the
step to launch Skype once from a remote client using XAuth. What you need to
do is just to copy the content under .Skype folder to as many places as the
number of skype instances you want to run. Forget about the step 2 and 3,
this part on wiki explains better:

mkdir -p /root/multi/01
mkdir -p /root/multi/02
cp -a /root/.Skype/* /root/multi/01/
cp -a /root/.Skype/* /root/multi/02/

Also I suggest you do everything with root login.

Those module not found errors are from the lines to remove all modules other
than snd-dummy(guess not required but strongly suggested). What I did is to
disable my onboard audio card in CMOS so when the server boots, no snd
modules loaded at all. You could comment out the remove module lines and
only leave the modprobe snd-dummy one there.

The skype launch script(no matter you use startskype.sh or multi.sh) just do
the below steps:

load snd-dummy
launch X number 1
launch skype 1 in X number 1
launch X number N
launch skype N in X number N

The parts you need to customize are the skype account and base folder(the
/root/multi/xx as above).

The skypopen.conf.xml file needs to be updated so it matches your skype
launch script(same skype account and same X number)

Good Luck!
Jian