[Freeswitch-users] Voice mail isn't working on one extension.

Jim jim at k4gvo.com
Fri Aug 27 00:59:56 PDT 2010

On 08/26/2010 04:19 PM, Michael Collins wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 9:31 AM, Jim <jim at k4gvo.com
> <mailto:jim at k4gvo.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 08/26/2010 12:00 PM, Michael Collins wrote:
>>     Peder mentioned it already, but a complete log from start to
>>     finish would be helpful. Use pastebin.freeswitch.org
>>     <http://pastebin.freeswitch.org> and then reply to this thread
>>     with the URL to your pastebin post.
>>     -MC
>>
>     I don't like to waste computer space if it's not necessary.
>     Sometimes the answer is simple and the answer doesn't require
>     additional info.
>
>     http://pastebin.freeswitch.org/13731
>
>     Note there are actually two problems demonstrated here.  The first
>     attempt is calling the GrandStream from a SPA2102 connected
>     phone.  The second is calling a POTS phone connected to the A200
>     from the SPA2102 and the third successful attempt is the reverse.
>     There are notes at the beginning of the file giving approximate
>     starting line numbers.
>
> #1 From what I can see, the GS is doing a redirect. Look at line 226
> of the pastebin down to 240. Do you have call forwarding enabled on
> your GS? You may want to enable a SIP trace to see the exact SIP
> packet from the GS to see what it's doing. It is forwarding to
> destination number of "service" and there isn't an extension for that
> in your dialplan. (See lines leading up to 409 - "service" doesn't
> match anything until it gets to enum, where it eventually fails
> altogether at line 458.)
How interesting.  The phone is pretty simple, only a couple of pages and
nothing that remotely mentions forwarding and/or "service".  I guess I
can put a service in the dial plan.

> #2 Does the phone connected to port 1 on the A200 even ring? It's
> interesting that there is a 9 second gap (between pb lines 732 and
> 733) which is where I would assume the ringing was taking place.
Yes, it's ringing.  I set the delay to 10 seconds rather than 30 when I
was debugging it so I wouldn't have to wait so long.  The phone rings,
dials out, answers when I pick it up, but doesn't transfer to VM reliably.

Thanks,
Jim.