[Freeswitch-users] Inbound and then outbound call?

Anthony Cosgrove acosgrov at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 16:06:40 PDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-08-24 at 13:58 -0500, Malay Thakershi wrote:
> Hello,
>

> It would be a great help if someone can guide me.
>

> 1. I would like to first receive a call, perform certain validations.
> (Able to do this via mod_managed application that handles call from
> dialplan).

That should not be a problem, I don't know your requirements so can't
provide a full answer.

> 2. Now, I would like to dial out to a PSTN number so that received
> call is connected to this new outbound number.

This can be done and is called hairpinning.

> How can this be done? Do I use Originate from within my .NET
> (mod_managed) code?

Yes, you would be bridging the two legs like any normal call. Instead of
going to an endpoint you're going back out over the PSTN.

> Do I get charged for both incoming and outbound call until the entire
> session ends? Is there a way to receive call, validate and then sort
> of transfer and then terminate the received call so I do not get
> charged for both?

That would depend on your provider but most likely yes. As for
terminating one end after validation that is not going to happen. A leg
terminates to you on an agreed fee schedule. No carrier that I know of
supports that. Now if you kept everything SIP... you could do a transfer
after the validation.

Anthony C.