[Freeswitch-users] scalability of FS vs yate

Nyamul Hassan mnhassan at usa.net
Fri Aug 20 20:02:44 PDT 2010

Hi,

Depends on what you use it for, FS / Yate can be used in so many ways, so
many scenarios, that each implementation may not use very essential features
of the next one.

6 months ago, I was looking for a platform to build our new service launch,
and evaluated Asterisk, Yate, Kamailio and Freeswitch.

While each can be put to work for us, what made FreeSwitch the final choice
for me was the passion of the core devs (particularly Anthony Minnesale),
and the community that has been built around it.  And, most importantly,
they fix  "any bug" within a day at the worst, mostly coming within hours!
 That is what I can bank on as our core switching platform, open-source or
not.

Regards
HASSAN