[Freeswitch-users] freeswitch CPU usage

Vlasis Hatzistavrou (KTI) vhatz at kinetix.gr
Fri Aug 20 16:39:36 PDT 2010

Anthony Minessale wrote:
> I am not accusing the user of anything I am making factual statements.
>
> They are indeed fake tests because it's sipp and 600cps.

Can you elaborate? I read 200 cps in the original post instead of 600
cps and perhaps you can spot a fake test from miles away but please
enlighten me.
> I said *if* he was doing many hundreds of cps *in real life* he would
> indeed be very rich at our expense, (meaning using our software not
> meaning he is chaining us to a wall in his basement)
First of all, he would be rich using a million other things needed to
set up and run a business, FS being only one of them.

He would not be getting rich at YOUR expense, there is a huge
difference. That was a wrong thing to say.
> Do you feel I was not willing to help when I provided a slew of
> configuration options that will increase performance as well as proper
> sipp files to use?

You helped, but only after making a point that you really don't like
performance related questions, accusing the poster of fake tests
(whatever that means) and how he was (or could be) making money at your
expense.

You've reacted in a similar manner in other performance reacted
questions in the past. If you are not going to help by answering, who
could ever accuse you? We all know that you are busy. But in the end, if
you bother to reply and help, do you really need to bash first?

> I also endorsed the idea of the wiki page as long as they maintain it.
>
> Why are you arguing on someone else's behalf on a matter that needs no arguing.

I argue on his behalf because I have been at his place in the past. I
hated it. It's that simple. Getting bashed for asking a simple question
is NOT nice, to say the least.

> You are continuing to argue that I am not allowed to say what I want
> on my own mailing list which is somewhat troubling.

Where did I say that exactly? All I'm saying is: "if you don't like a
question on the list, then please spare us the bashing". You don't even
have to answer if you don't want to.

You wrote in your reply to Woody: "Do you hear yourself btw?" I can ask
you the same question: Do you hear yourself? You act as if some subjects
are taboo in this list.

> If you decide to reply again, please limit the length of your post.

Now it is the size of my posts that troubles you? I've seen longer posts
in the list and you didn't complain.

Perhaps you should add a size restriction directive in the mailing list
policy, along with a "no performance questions allowed" directive. That
should clear things up significantly.

Cheers,
Vlasis.