[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch: issue in making simultaneous call

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Wed Aug 18 12:13:18 PDT 2010

Comments inline...

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 3:02 AM, Chaitanya Bhatt // Viva <
chaitanya at vivainfomedia.com> wrote:

> Hey
>
> I am facing problem in making few outbound calls simultaneously. I am
> executing "api originate" command from perl over ESL. After calling
> originate ,same perl file listens for CHANNEL_ORIGINATE CHANNEL_ANSWER
> CHANNEL_HANGUP_COMPLETE events. When perl file receives
> CHANNEL_HANGUP_COMPLETE event, it get terminates.
>
> I have done this code of originate & hangup listen event in perl cgi. When
> i do 10-20 request (10-20 simultaneous call), at freeswitch only 2-3 calls
> get serviced.
> To find out issue when i commented the code of event listen in cgi, i was
> able to make all 10-20 calls simulateneously.

I wonder if your script isn't able to handle all the events quickly enough?

> I have already checked apache configuration & is working well.
> Now i want to know whether freeswitch has limitation on number of clients
> listening to its events or there is some other issue of ESL.

Using Perl, ESL, and POE I've done upwards of 50-60 simultaneous calls with
originate. I used bgapi originate xxxx. It's not the most efficient way but
it did work. However, the best way to handle something like this is to have
several processes each with a specific purpose: one to send the bgapi
originate commands and one to listen for the CHANNEL_XXX events and act
accordingly. By having each process do just one thing you can scale better
and it's easier to identify trouble spots.

-MC