[Freeswitch-users] Asterisk to Freeswitch

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Mon Aug 9 16:33:49 PDT 2010

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 11:16 AM, Michael Gende <mgende at gendesign.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if someone could please give me a shove in the right
> direction concerning some "translations".
>
> I've got some dial plan examples for a vendor's handset that are created
> for Asterisk. Naturally, we use FreeSwitch.
>
> Any "dial plan translation" pages to be found?
>
> I found the Rosetta Stone on the FS site. Very comprehensive, but I didn't
> see things for the commands in my examples (i.e, Asterisk's Pickup = FS
> command X)

Hmm... that's a good one. Nothing comprehensive that I'm aware of. A
one-to-one, where possible, sounds like a good idea. If someone could assist
with collecting the list of Asterisk dialplan commands then I will organize
the community effort to get it all documented.

To answer your specific question, though, I believe X = "intercept" :P
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Misc._Dialplan_Tools_intercept

> I'll figure it out but wondered if someone else had already been down this
> road.

If/when you figure anything out please keep us informed. We can expand the
Rosetta Stone page. I'd like to make sure that everything you learn gets put
down in the wiki...

Thanks,
MC