[Freeswitch-users] getDigits() over ESL

Daniel Neubert daniel.neubert at solomo.de
Mon Aug 2 07:04:30 PDT 2010

Hi,

but in order to receive DTMF-Events you need to issue start_dtmf first:

You can use start_dtmf in a dialplan to enable in-band DTMF detection
(i.e. the detection of DTMF tones on a channel). You should do this when
you want to be able to identify DTMF tones on a channel that doesn't
otherwise support another signaling method (like RFC2833 or INFO).

After start_dtmf is executed FreeSWITCH will detect DTMF an generate
events for them so you can read the DTMF-Digit via ESL.

Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Daniel Neubert